Public Involvement and Engagement Manager
Join Fuse to help to deliver our public involvement and engagement strategy and activity.
Working with Fuse, the Centre for Translational Research in Public Health and members of the PIE committee, and advisors you will help to deliver the public involvement and engagement (PIE) strategy and related operational activity.
Reporting to the Laura Ritson (Fuse Manager, Newcastle University) and the Susan Carr (Fuse PIE, Northumbria University), you will also be linked with representatives from other infrastructure regionally and nationally, including the NIHR School for Public Health Research (SPHR), the NIHR Applied Research Collaboration (ARC) North East and North Cumbia, the NIHR Research Design Service (RDS), the NIHR Policy Research Unit (PRU) in Behavioral Science and the Fuse partner Universities.
Key activities will include:
- Building capacity and expertise in PIE across Fuse
- Working collaboratively with public partners to establish a strong Public Form and integrating into Fuse processes and governance
- Managing, monitoring, reporting and evaluating PIE activities and associated learning, including capturing impact case studies
- Influencing policy and practice by collaborating with key stakeholders in the local and national health economy
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with other PIE leads across the region as part of a joint up approach to PIE
- Work collaboratively with the wider PIE regional network to deliver on the PIE strategy and link to key priorities including communication and training
- Work collaboratively with VOICE, the Faculty of Medical Sciences, and University Engagement teams to support the national and international expansion PIE to ensure opportunities for PIE are visible to the public.
Educated to degree level or equivalent, you will have sound knowledge and experience of project management, plus extensive experience of public involvement and engagement.
This is a Part Time role (0.5 FTE) working 18.5 hours a week and is fixed term for 12 months.
Salary: £30, 942 - £35, 845 per annum (pro-rata).
Closing Date: 6 May 2021
Last modified: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 14:44:31 BST