Public Involvement and Engagement Committee
The PIEC focuses on enhancing the quality of the research undertaken within Fuse through promoting the depth and means of involvement of the public and communities.
The work of the PIEG includes acting as a resource to provide public involvement expertise to Fuse, developing links to wider networks of public involvement groups and liaising with other research bodies such as the School for Public Health Research (SPHR), the North East and North Cumbria Applied Research Collaboration (ARC) and the North of England Commissioning Support (NECS) Unit.
The Group is chaired by Susan Carr, Professor of Public Health Research in the Faculty of Health & Life Sciences at Northumbria University and Fuse Associate Director, who provides overall leadership for public engagement within Fuse and the Centre’s membership of SPHR.
Membership of the Public Involvement and Engagement Group
- Susan Carr, Fuse Associate Director (Chair), Northumbria University
- Eleanor Anderson, Fuse Public Involvement and Engagement Manager, Newcastle University
- Emma Adams, NIHR SPHR Research Fellow, Newcastle University
- Christina Cooper, Postgraduate Research Associate, Northumbria University
- Lesley Haley, AskFuse Research Associate, Teesside University
- Beverley Hunter, Research and Evaluation Communications Lead, Fulfilling Lives Newcastle Gateshead
- Lesley Scott, Senior Lecturer, University of Sunderland
- Felicity Shenton, Public Involvement and Community Engagement Manager, NIHR Applied Research Collaboration North East & North Cumbria
- Laura Ritson, Fuse Manager, Newcastle University
- Cheryl Wiscombe, Fuse Administrator, Newcastle University
- Mark Welford (when required), Fuse Communications Officer, Teesside University