Public Involvement and Engagement Group
The PIEG focuses on enhancing the quality of the research undertaken within Fuse through promoting the depth and means of involvement of the public and communities.
The work of the PIEG includes acting as a resource to provide public involvement expertise to Fuse, developing links to wider networks of public involvement groups and liaising with other research bodies such as the School for Public Health Research (SPHR), the North East and North Cumbria Applied Research Collaboration (ARC) and the North of England Commissioning Support (NECS) Unit.
The Group is chaired by Susan Carr, Professor of Public Health Research in the Faculty of Health & Life Sciences at Northumbria University and Fuse Associate Director, who provides overall leadership for public engagement within Fuse and the Centre’s membership of SPHR.
Membership of the Public Involvement and Engagement Group
- Susan Carr, Chair, PIEG Co-Chair, Fuse Associate Director, Northumbria University
- Victoria Bartle, PIEG Co-Chair, Fuse Public Partner
- Eleanor Anderson, Fuse Public Involvement and Engagement Manager, Newcastle University
- Sarah Charlton, Embedded Learning Lead, Changing Futures Northumbria
- Greta Brunskill, VCSE Health & Wellbeing Research Partnerships Co-ordinator for the North East and North Cumbria, VONNE (Voluntary Organisations' Network North East)
- Christina Cooper, Postgraduate Research Associate, Northumbria University
- Fiona Duncan, Research Associate, Newcastle University
- Lesley Haley, AskFuse Research Associate, Teesside University
- Lesley Scott, Senior Lecturer, University of Sunderland
- Felicity Shenton, Public Involvement and Community Engagement Manager, NIHR Applied Research Collaboration North East & North Cumbria
- Margaret Ogden, Fuse Public Partner
- Laura Ritson, Fuse Manager, Newcastle University
- Cheryl Wiscombe, Fuse Administrator, Newcastle University
- Mark Welford (when required), Fuse Communications Manager, Teesside University