PHE Applied Epidemiology Scientific Meeting - abstracts welcome
The aim of this meeting is to help strengthen epidemiology and support high quality and innovative science through sharing good practice. The meeting will focus on the application of epidemiological methods to protect and improve health including the work of the recently established NIHR Health Protection Research Units.
Abstracts should demonstrate the application of epidemiological methods to one of the following categories:
- Information for action
- Response to pressing public health problems including outbreak, cluster and incident investigation
- Solving complex or protracted public health problems
- Translational research and implementation of research findings into public health practice
- Innovative use of methodology and tools
- Health inequalities
- Applied epidemiology learning and development
- Global health
Who should attend
The meeting is particularly aimed at consultants, scientists, analysts and those with an interest in applied epidemiology across Public Health England, devolved administrations, academic departments and partner organisations.
Date and venue
The conference will take place 18 and 19 March 2015 at Warwick University and abstracts are now welcomed for submission by 5 December 2014 through the conference website.
Prizes will be awarded to:
- Three highly commended abstracts
- Best abstract by an author on a training programme and an early career scientist
- Best poster by an author on a training programme and an early career scientist.
The conference will include workshops on:
- How to write a scientific paper
- Abstract preparation and review
- Research grant applications
If you have any questions about making a booking or abstract submission, please e-mail email@example.com
Abstracts should be submitted online by midnight on 5 December 2014.
The conference website is now open for abstract submission and registration.
Last modified: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 09:13:17 BST